<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/15446072?origin\x3dhttp://bestboynew.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script></body>
 

9/11/2005 03:45:00 PM

Safra Sheares Bridge Run & Army Half Marathon 05

Today had the Safra Sheares Bridge Run & Army Half Marathon 05 at 8am. I woke up at 0630 when my alarm on my handphone goes off. I brushed my teeth, put on my t-shirt for the event. Took my ez-link card and then set off for the Ang Mo Kio Mrt station. Reached the mrt station at 7am, went to waiting bay for the train to arrive. It took quite a long time to settle down. Then, it was 7.15am. When I reached Bradell, it was like 7.17am, the train gathered speed. It set off till Orchard Mrt when I saw the time was 7.31am. I sent a message to my friend, Marcus Tan.At Dhoby Ghaut Mrt station, he said he just reached City Hall Mrt. Hey! what a chase for the start before the race. We met at the gate barrier at the Mrt station of City Hall Mrt. We proceeded with the crowd of people.

Then we did warm-up exercise at a somewhat big underground space,a place where i have seen people doing breakdancing. So ya, move on to the starting point at the bridge. We put on our number tags. Then the MC declared the run starts. Whao! Just in time. But flow of people was blocking the starting point of the run. We were behind the starting line by roughly 300m or so. We sprinted forward but up to no success. We admitted ourselves to faith then. We walked forward, fast one. Any opportunity, run for it. That is what we are, we run at any opportunity forward fast and sprinting.

In the process of running, we are often separated due to our speed. Sometimes I cut across people and then he chased me and then i chased him. But we keep each other on the lookout, so when we are separated, we looked for each other. After about 5 or 6km, then we became separated totally, not in the looks. But I could see Marcus running in front of me, because he was carrying a pouch bag of beige color and hanging on the shoulder. After around 8km, we still are not in the looks of each other. After the Singapore Indoor Stadium, we are still near and yet so far. After a flyover before the merlion park, i saw a chance to take a running pace. Next, i saw a man with a OCS t-shirt. And that also gave me the chance to prove myself. Because i was running with water in my mouth already. I overshot my friend and ran at a speed quite fast and comfortable with me. I was chasing the OCS guy. Previously, i lacked water. Now i understand the importance of water in running though i participated in the Mizuno Wave run last week. I am really weak in running nad my stomach hurts. Luckily also i had 4 pieces of square biscuits, 1 slice of bread and warm Milo for breakfast. I constantly update my timing on my Carabena watch. Then my carabena watch spoiled because of my sweat on the run. and I just realised it was beyond repair.

To think that i actually had him as my friend as well as a cadet in my NCC CLT career. Thanks. We met up yesterday and went to Toa Payoh Safra and registered there. How nice! I was late but he waited for me anyway.

At about 2km before the end line, Marcus found me. I was glad. I am also tired already. Then, i was at the flyover that stretches the Singapore river, where Chinese New Year celebrations are.
I said i was shrag and shall we walked, he was also tired, but his leg could still take him. Anyway, we consumed a lot of water and then walked to the ending point. But at 200m to the ending point, we sprinted forward. I checked my timing then, 1 hour 37 minutes. Hey not bad. Later i found out that the best runner for the 21km was 1 hour 34 minutes.

Then we go put our lucky draw coupon and then take goodie bag. Those people who had 24 km run would get a medal. So not we all. Anyway, we were issued certificates like any others, but without names printed, DIY. We go stall-shopping, looking around the stalls which is set up for the event. Mr Teo Chee Sian came, minister for defence. Haha , we were asked to give way to him on his rounds of visiting those stalls. We came across Purple-Train and then MIW, took a look. Then got Standard Chartered Run on4 Dec and 2nd link run, both are registration booth. Later we came back to buy a wrist pouch and t-shirt, $2.50 & $8.00 respectively. We bought gatorade and the counter sold out of big version of Gatorade. No small change, haha. How? Hehe.

Proceeded to the Suntec City to take a rest. Took wrist band for healthy living. Then to Millenium Walk to have our lunch at Long John Sliver. 10 50am, so how, lucky when my turn was up, they are ready for the lunch, not breakfast anymore. Heng! We took our lunch, 6 packets of chilli and 3 packets of tomato sauce for me. Went back to Suntec City, to watch the healthy fair. On the way window shopping in suntec. Took more wrist band, simply put to write down ur family members name, then stick it on the health tree.

Home sweet home. Took bus 107 from Suntec City Mall back to Hougang, both of us stopped at the bus-stop beside the Hougang Swimming Complex. Marcus took bus 62. I take bus 11., walk home.

Predatory Instincts; Bestboy STunts. NSF->PLAB-AMS-AOF, NYAA-GAHA

Comments: Post a Comment
Jason is ME-I Am Unique. ^^
Li Hui is Darling's Dear. ^^

No Man's Land
Scare? then, don't enter!

Adidas is a symbol of Originality.
With it's curves it lightens our senses.
Be Original,
Be Unique,
Be YOU.

Creativity is the rule to success in Life

A home is a shelter that hides the rain and snow
A smile is a medicine that cures all illness
A shirt is one that keeps you protected from the outside wind.
A life with love is a life well spent.

Are U doing the right thing now?
 

UPDATED ON 16th November 2009