11/16/2005 03:38:00 PM
Clean and Green week Green Carnival 2005 Suntec Convention Centre Hall 404/405
Early morning 6am, woke up. Actually is at 6.02am. I think I put my phone below my pillow, didn't even realise it rang. I am sure I woke up myself, like everyone said; Body Clock. I went on to brush my teeth and get ready for breakfast. My parents had not woke up yet.
Then I took my breakfast in a quick way, not really quick in a way. Because I had a backup plan in case the bus went off in a hurry when I reached NYP. I will take the train (MRT) there myself. I took my time to do stuffs. We are supposed to reached NYP Blk E Level 3 at 6.45am yet the time then was 6.18am. The trip to NYP alone was about half an hour. I knew I was late anyway. Just then a sms came in. Sonia sms me, she is from my club Geo Council. She asked me where the meeting place is. So I replied her that it will be at Blk E level 3. At then, I did not know she was to be there. Ya I have forgotten that she is having holidays now.
Although I know I was late, I made an attempt, to go as early as possible. I took quick bites and set off. Put on my shoes, dun know which to put on. Grabbed one, the New Balance pair.
Reached school, met Ying Shya, the Student Affairs Officer. Yup ran for my life when I reached school because I took bus 159 instead of 72. I was late, but don't want to be very late. So ran all the way from Blk P till Blk E. While on the bus, smsed Sonia to wait for me. She is already there in school at Blk E. I too met another friend, not very close, did not know her name. Sonia said is her classmate, pronounced "iana". Yup. I was a bit sweating. I went to the gents to clean myself. Yes, my hair gel/wax went off, nevertheless, still holding shape. I refilled my bottle with water from the water dispenser.
Then went down to the bus, time then was 7.08am. Boarded the bus. Talked with Sonia a bit. Maybe all the way. Then Hue-min sms to ask if we are there yet! Sonia caught the same news.
Reached soon, after like half an hour. Went up the hall 404/405. I call her when I reached level 3, little did I know she is already outside the hall.
We were not given any briefing, not formal one, yesterday I never go the briefing. So asked Hue-min to tell me on Msn. She did. Thanks. The Desmond Koh Ming Hui is also another person I knew. He came for the briefing, but I do not know my positions. Anyway, he kept asking me. Time was early, slightly before 8 plus only. We went toilet and then I surveyed the booths. They are already done well. I guessed they did it last night. Later I confirmed my guess. Then I saw Sonia and told her I nothing to do, so in the meantime, I will stay at her booth first.
Then I remembered I forgot to bring my camera for shots. Then I asked Sonia if I should buy one, she said if I want then do it. We went to Carrefore in Suntec City to buy. The shop not yet open, 10am then open. We went back to booth.
That was 8.40am. We went round the booths. We took some walks around. Then went back to booth again. The organiser was not happy since we are walking around, not taking care of booths. Then the Minister, VIP came. We did not welcomed him since we were in the walking of booths. Unlucky, blame it on my luck. Saw Pervisa from Bowen Secondary School at her booth.
We went back to booth, the booth me and Sonia were looking after is the game store booth. Hoolahoop. Throwing the hoops into the 9 sticks on the table. The nine sticks is the Do's of environment and recycling related. We went out again at about 11am like that, went to buy camera. A portable one.
We did till 1400. So tired, had to pick up the hoops not thrown properly into the sticks provided. Lunch also never take. Hue-min and Iana went for lunch first. They took a long time to come back. By the way, Huemin, Iana and Sonia were in School of Nursing therefore into the first aid team. Then saw Wei Jian, a son of my colleague's child. We do go out once in a year to see birds in Sungei Buloh Nature Reserve Park. I saw his uniform, Princess Elizabeth Primary School. Then went to have lunch, saw Crystal from Bowen Secondary School. A lunch buffet indeed. Volunteers were supposed to eat first. Never mind.
After lunch, Sonia and I did not go back booth, we went walking round the booths to play games. And so ya. Surveyed all booths, played all games. Haha fun. Then went back to booth. Took some shots from the booths, display and all.
Then it was about time to go back. 4pm. Everyone packed up. We went back to booth and being scolded for running around. Haha. This is fun. Heck them. Hehe. Last of all, the day's events was more or less successful. We took our goodie bags for volnuteers. Of course, I took some posters, a dozen of them given for free. I took a bag. Went home after a Group Photo Session.
The day was fun. But damn tiring.
Predatory Instincts; Bestboy STunts. NSF->PLAB-AMS-AOF, NYAA-GAHA