<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/15446072?origin\x3dhttp://bestboynew.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script></body>
 

5/06/2006 09:37:00 PM

1 Star Kayaking Course Day 1

Today had the 1 Star Kayaking Course at Sembawang Yacht Club, SAF YC. Took train from AMK to Sembawang then board the feeder bus to the centre. I reached the train station on time. Then, Emily and Jacob from NTU were already waiting there. The feeder bus came on time, 8.45am.

We boarded bus, together with another 3 participants; Patrick, Shirene, Perscilla. Their name should be spelled this way, not sure. We reached SAF YC at 9am. We chatted there for a long time, three of them from NTU, until Emily and Jacob came again. We paid the money, $36.75. I gave Emily $56.35. She did not gave me the change as I told her that I will be giving her the rest of the 40c later on.

And then we went for briefing. I went to the Gents before it starts. After that, briefing and the whole course commences. The weather do not look good, but the majority says to continue with the program. We were briefed the strategic location we were standing at. We got our stuffs, life-vest and paddle and kayak. So we continued with a 15 minutes row onto the floating platform. Then we were told to do the practical ourselves. Then We, Patrick and I capsized twice on the sea before the capsized drill after lunch. Then we had lunch at the restaurant upstairs at the clubhouse. I met 4 NYP gals, they came to get theirs certs also. We ate lunch together, just sitting next to the table opposite them.

After lunch, we fall in at 1.30pm. Then we played a game. We were supposed to take our paddle and then let it stand. When one whistle is blown, we have to move left, 2 whistle blows, means right. We played one round then head to sea.

We did the individual capsize drill and then play around. A pair of Kayak capsize and help each other up again. Then we did the straight kayaking forward to the NSS ship. Then somewhat debrief. Then we do the capsize drill, all down. The clue is to use 3 Kayak. We did it and went around rescuing people. Me and Patrick. We did well.

Then we were dismissed yesterday because of the Election thing. Some of the participants as well as the instructors have to vote. We ended at 4.30pm. I bathed and waited for the 4 gals, to get their contact number. They say may want to go for the ATC challenge. Anyway I chatted there and later found out they went back already. I got someone who wants to take part in the ATC challenge, her name is Khairunissa. I took the shutter bus back to the Sembawang Mrt. Then we set off back home. I dropped at Yishun and took bus 854 back.

Wondered someone never call me yesterday when she say want to on Monday.

Home Sweet Home.

Predatory Instincts; Bestboy STunts. NSF->PLAB-AMS-AOF, NYAA-GAHA

Comments: Post a Comment
Jason is ME-I Am Unique. ^^
Li Hui is Darling's Dear. ^^

No Man's Land
Scare? then, don't enter!

Adidas is a symbol of Originality.
With it's curves it lightens our senses.
Be Original,
Be Unique,
Be YOU.

Creativity is the rule to success in Life

A home is a shelter that hides the rain and snow
A smile is a medicine that cures all illness
A shirt is one that keeps you protected from the outside wind.
A life with love is a life well spent.

Are U doing the right thing now?
 

UPDATED ON 16th November 2009