5/07/2006 10:46:00 PM
1 Star Kayaking Day 2
Woke up on time, 7am, in fact too early. I watched the election yesterday till 1pm and had not enough sleep. Took breakfast of han chee peng and a swiss roll cake, 1 milk with cereal. Time was early so go to take bus 854 to Yishun instead of taking a bus to AMK unlike yesterday. I could not find any straits times paper. Only found it at the stall outside the Yishun Mrt station. Bought one for reading on the train for a stop only.
Today had the kayaking course for day 2, nothing much. Almost all things to be taught is done yesterday. I met the 4 NYP Dragon Boat gals, one of them outside the Sembawang Mrt station. (4 gals, eileen, deborah, the other two not sure. )Then another came, and we went to the coffee shop nearby the mrt to have our breakfast. Then another two came.
We ate. They talked, I no topic so hear them talk, then we went for the shutter bus, then found out the bus gone. 8.45am. So we took a taxi over. Now there are five of us, hope the taxi is ok? Found one. Boarded and sure enough it is only $3.70. I sat front. We alighted and paid. We gathered at the bench and started to chat as time was early.
Then when all are done, we were asked by TJ, later known to be Tiong Jin, to swim to the plaaton and climb up. Then jump into water and swim to shore. We done all those for warm up. Then we went into our kayak for somemore lessons. Short one. We brought the kayaks onto shore from the patch of grass we left it yesterday.
Then we break for lunch, 1130 or so. We left our kayak at shore and went off for lunch. The restaurant did not allow us to be in wet clothing. But they want to treat us service charge what is this? We ate in the sun after so much sun in the morning at sea. But I dapoa since by the time my food is served, my friends would have finished eating. So I packed away with the rest, the 4 gals and the teacher from NIE, PE teacher in primary school.
A lot of teachers there from NTU NIE lah, one of them only twenty.
We went to the canal as planned but the tide is not well. Our team, Patrick and I reached first at the canal opening. TJ went to check it out. Not possible to go in. So we turned to Sembawang beach. Reached there at about 2pm. Rest till about 2.30pm before moving back to SAF YC. Backed at 3.30pm like that and after a briefing, we went off to bath. The last instruction was to write our particulars on a sheet of paper, males and females alike. Then we went home. A guy, Eric 36 fetched us out on his Polar van. At the back squeeze 11 people. Only 2 guys the rest females.
I went to Sun Plaza, Sembawang's shopping centre to eat. Khairunissa, a malay gal and a chinese gal. Not sure of their name, anyway no way to ask. They are all NTU NIE teachers. Now on their second week of holiday. We ate at KFC. This is my second time this week that I am eating KFC. I just ate 2 days ago on friday after the NYP Track training.
Then home sweet home. We boarded the train heading towards Yishun. I dropped off at Yishun and took a bus back, 854. Slept on the bus.
Never go grandma's house today since she went Malaysia again.
Today had a fun and tiring day today. But now hands and legs panas, so stinky.
Predatory Instincts; Bestboy STunts. NSF->PLAB-AMS-AOF, NYAA-GAHA