<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/15446072?origin\x3dhttp://bestboynew.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script></body>
 

2/01/2007 04:48:00 PM

Spider Hunt Day @ Anoymous Place

In my attempt to keep away from books for a while, I decided to get back to nature.

I went to a place, took a bus there nearby, walk there. In case anyone goes there and get hurts, I better not reveal the place. But it is in the heartlands in Singapore.

Was surprised the place had grown tremendously, maybe not been there for more than a year or so. Caught one male fighting spider at first glance. Flipped-open the leaf, one male spider jumped out. Hide among some ferns nearby and underneath. I emptied my pocket for the plastic bag. Did some trick and there it goes. In. Then I found the ant-on-leaf, fake look-a-like ant spider. Then I caught a fly into the bag simply by overturning the plastic bag, a fly would normally fly in this way. Thus I ventured deeper. Found that more trees are covering the track, I could hardly see my way in. And I had to crawl under a tree or bend very lowly such that I do not know where I am heading. A sound came from the bushes, a bird flew up. I reckon it is a bittern, or is it. Some bird- not sparrow, not crow, not mynah. Definitely not owl although I did chanced it there about 4 years back.

Well I decided to turn back as I am wearing bermuda and not long track pants or cargo. I caught two more spider and ended my catch. This is one of the shortest trip for a spider hunt, and definitely the shortest after my secondary school days; where I go there everyday to hunt with classmates. Males fighting, spider what are you thinking...

The four species:

Scientific Name: Thiania bhamoensis Thorell 1887
Common Name: Fighting Spider
Gender: Male
Size & Desciption: Bronze-green back, 8mm segment 12mm whole

Scientific Name: Myrmarachne maxillosa (C.L.Koch) 1846
Common Name: Giant Ant-like Jumper
Gender: Male
Size & Desciption: 6mm whole

Scientific Name: Telamonia festiva (Thorell) 1878
Common Name: Jolly Telamonia
Gender: Female
Size & Desciption: 8mm whole

Scientific Name: Dieta virens (Thorell) 1891
Common Name: Green Crab Spider
Gender: Male
Size & Description: 6mm segment 12mm whole












Giant Ant-like Jumper-- --fighting spider --Jolly Telamonia

Could not take a close picture, so a long range one seems good.

Predatory Instincts; Bestboy STunts. NSF->PLAB-AMS-AOF, NYAA-GAHA

Comments: Post a Comment
Jason is ME-I Am Unique. ^^
Li Hui is Darling's Dear. ^^

No Man's Land
Scare? then, don't enter!

Adidas is a symbol of Originality.
With it's curves it lightens our senses.
Be Original,
Be Unique,
Be YOU.

Creativity is the rule to success in Life

A home is a shelter that hides the rain and snow
A smile is a medicine that cures all illness
A shirt is one that keeps you protected from the outside wind.
A life with love is a life well spent.

Are U doing the right thing now?
 

UPDATED ON 16th November 2009